Monday, May 7, 2007

Time



Time is of the essence.

As a child, I remember becoming very impatient about my birthdays. All I wanted to do was to be thirteen so that I could say that I was a teenager like my older brother. Then it was driving time, I needed to be 16 years old so that I could take the driver’s test and drive. Next, I wanted to be 18 years old so that I could be legal and able to vote. After 18, it was 21 years old. We all know the type of fun 21 year olds have. Now as another birthday passes, I am realizing that time is truly of the essence.

Times have change but the essence of time remains the same. I lecture my children about the same issues that my father lectured me. I never thought that I would see this day coming to past. I talk to my daughters and they are much like me, all they want to do is to come to an age where they believe life will be different. My 8 year old wants to be 10 so that she can begin to receive an allowance. Time is precious and must be respected.

No comments: