Sunday, April 22, 2007


Red is his name.

Red, an adopted dog from the Los Angeles County Animal Care and Control. I got wind of this event as I noticed an ad in the Beverly Hills Courier of a brown Labrador resembling Diamond. I immediately knew this was some type of sign that I must attend.

On April 21, 2007, an adoption event was held at Roxbury Park located on Roxbury and Olympic. The Beverly Hills Fire Department was also there to support the event and to encourage the number of crowd. The event started on time at 11:00 a.m., so I got to the park about 10:45 a.m. to be one of the first. As soon as I got there, my youngest child, not afraid of any animals, was glad to be there and asked several questions. My oldest one also showed a lot of interest as well.

At the beginning, I was not excited of the event since I did not see any animal that caught my eye, so around 11:15 a.m., I told the girls, lets go play at the playground. The girls enjoyed the recreation area as they entertained themselves with the various play equipment . There was not that much crowd at this time, so my girls jumped from one play item to the next without waiting in line.
.

Around 12:45, I rounded up the girls and told them it was time for lunch. So we went by the pet adoption event one last time before leaving the park. My oldest child immediately saw Red from the distance. Red is a Labrador mixed with an unknown history. My youngest child also went towards Red, which he looked friendly. The adoption representative only spoke of good things of the dog. She also explained that this was the last time before they took the animals back the the pound. I continued to let the girls play with the dog only to observe his behavior towards them. After a few minutes, with the persuasion of my kids telling me that’s the one, I decided to adopt Red.

The Los Angeles County Animal Care and Control had all of his paper work ready to go. From history shots, dog license, colar, and microchip, the company made sure I was financially responsible regarding the various services. I left the adoption paying a little over 80 bucks for the dog, but it was well worth it for the kids. Red is now an official family member. Welcome Red!

No comments: