Thursday, March 8, 2007

Week 5 - House Keeping

Keeping a house is not an easy task as many people may think. The day I moved in my first house was a challenge. My old house was definitely considered a fixer-upper, but in reality, it was the only thing I could afford. The day I was born, I was taught how to repair minor and eventually major repairs. From installing a new window to plumbing repairs, I saved thousands of dollars with hands-on practical skills.

My passion is shopping at Home Depot. I am not an official licensed-building contractor, however, I can amazingly create similar craftsmanship projects. Spending hours at a time, walking up and down every aisle, inhaling the freshly cut pine, cedar mixed with the aroma of paint brings my body to pleasure. From viewing the appliance section to the new lighting, I would take part in learning, even if its my weakness. As you can see, I am no amateur. For the majority part, I feel that I have more qualities and experience than some of the sale representative on the floor. Don’t get me wrong, some representatives have a strong knowledge and skills when asked a specific question, however, others would only read the name of product, if that. Tools are very expensive and I have to choose what’s important. Sometimes I would actually rent a tool before adding it to my personal collection.

Home Depot would also offer various zero percent programs to enti customers to increase sales. I would look at every aspect before purchasing products to obtain the best deal. In my opinion, I would not use their services since I think is over priced, however, I still think it is a good location to purchasing items for home improvement.

1 comment:

The House said...

What great pictures! The writing was "laugh-out-loud" funny, too. Good job! AF